12.09.2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things... The Cookie

I love oatmeal cookies (but not with raisins), chocolate chip cookies, and anything with cranberries in it. So, I combined a few ideas and came up with these little babies. They have become one of my favorite cookies and one of my most requested recipes. Oh, and I love making them as bar cookies too - it's like a whole other recipe!

what you put in it:

2 sticks butter, softened

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

½ cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

2 eggs

½ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 cups oatmeal, uncooked

1 cup dried cranberries

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

how you make it:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.

3. Add egs and vanilla; beat well.

4. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to sugar mixture; mix well.

5. Stir in oats, cranberries, and chocolate chips; mix well.

6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet and then remove to wire rack.

Makes about four dozen

For bar cookies: Spread batter evenly in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

sounds great to me - I love chocolate (especially dark chocolate) and cranberries!!