10.03.2008

Chimichurri Sauce

I am so in love with Chimichurri sauce. I could (and do) eat it on absolutely EVERYTHING! The recipe I have for it was made to put a small amount (like a tablespoon) on top of a steak. One tablespoon is simply not enough of this yummy-ness for me. When I make it I usually double the recipe at the very minimum - usually around one batch per person - sometimes more. Besides smothering topping steak with it, I use it on baked potatoes and baked fries, as a salad dressing, eat it with a spoon, put it on chicken & pork chops... now I am craving it and will have to run to the market to get the ingredients. (It has crushed red pepper in it, but it is not at all spicy)

Ingredients
1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 large garlic clove
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon water

Place all the ingredients except for olive oil and water in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add water and pulse a few times. With processor running add oil through chute and process until well blended.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh thank you thank you thank you!
I'm going to make steak Sunday and I'll be topping it with this sauce.
Can't wait!

Kristen said...

oh, i will have to try it.

btw i like the new look to your blog