1.09.2008

Failure

I am a big chicken. I am afraid of failure.

Our church is putting on a production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" this April and the auditions are two weeks from now. And guess who would love to be in it - that's right, me. But guess who will not be in it because she is a big chicken - yup, me again. I am so afraid of not getting a part that I have decided to not even try to get a part.

I like to think that I have a good (decent?) singing voice. I have sang in several different choirs (one of which was by audition only), sang on worship teams at more than one church, sang solos, been in plays and musicals, but when it comes to this, I am scared of choking. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's been awhile? I don't know.

I wonder how I will teach Dillon to always try his best at something when I am too scared to do the same. How am I going to teach him to be a strong individual and reach for his dreams when I, myself, lack the necessary confidence to do the same.

No comments: