12.31.2008

New Years Eve Festivities

To ring in the new year we went to Benihana for dinner and then played cards back at the house. Dinner was super yummy and the show was fun as it always is. Benihana is one of my all time favorite restaurants and I absolutely love there salad. I am so thankful that other members of my family do not share the same opinion of the salad because I love it when I can have more than one of them.

I don't know how the rest of the country is, but in California, you can go to the grocery store and pick up a bottle of champagne (or wine or any other type of alcohol). But, in Colorado, you have to go to the liquor store to purchase alcohol. I just thought that was strange - I knew that Utah was like that, but didn't realize that other states had the same laws. So, while we were at the grocery store picking up some snacks to ring the new year in with, I sent Derek to the liquor store to pick up the champagne to toast in the new year. He brought back one of the biggest bottles I have ever seen! Both stores were out of sparkling cider, so the kiddos had to celebrate with sparkling strawberry juice (it just sounds so gross).