9.06.2008

A Letter To Starbucks

Dear Geniuses at Starbucks,

I love you. I really do. All summer long I drink your wonderful Shaken Iced Teas, rotating between the Passion Tea and the Black Tea. If you read my blog, which I'm sure that you do, then you would know how much I am longing to sip down something from the Pumpkin Spice family. And today should have been the day I satisfied my craving. I pulled up to the drive thru menu and there it was... Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino! I practically shrieked with joy as I gave my order to Jason to give to the nice lady on the speaker - A Grande Decaf Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. My husband repeats the order to the nice lady on the speaker and suddenly the nice lady becomes my worst enemy. "I'm sorry sir, we no longer make a decaf base for the Frappuccino's" My eyes widen, horrified and then they start to fill with tears. For you see, Dear Geniuses, you have broken my heart. Crushed my spirit. Taken away one of my simplest pleasures in life. I can never again indulge in a Frappuccino - not just my beloved Pumpkin Spice, but also my Caramel Mocha one, and well... all of them. For you see, Geniuses, my body simply can't tolerate caffeine from coffee - I get the shakes and feel dizzy and get nauseous to the point that I want to throw up, well, actually, I feel that way now, from this devastating news. I doubt that I am alone. All you Geniuses are trying to come up with new ways to increase your sales, like your new fancy schmancy breakfast options, but yet you have the brilliant idea to take away my drink. If you knew just how often Pumpkin Spice calls my name, multiple times a week, you would see how much money you are going to loose by your ingenious decision. Now, I am down on my knees begging, pleading with you to bring back my drink. How am I going to survive the Fall without quenching my thirst for Pumpkin Spice? Oh, woe is me!

Sadly,

Rachel

a.k.a. the girl who actually cries over lost Frappuccinos

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Boooooo- what were they thinking?
I hope you emailed them!

Nyla said...

I found you from my friend Cathi, hope you don't mind me commenting! I love Starbucks too! I agree with cheri! Email them! ;)

Rachel Slagle said...

hi nyla! i don't mind you commenting at all - i welcome all comments :)

Kristen said...

you are so funny! but seriously, email them...