9.04.2008

Oil Changes Can Be Fun

I dread having to take my car in for an oil change by myself. This is only the second time I've had to stay and wait for my car but it's the first time I've had to drag Dillon along. My car was due for it's three-thousand mile service and we were headed out of town and that would put me past the mark. So I had no choice but to load my purse up with books and goldfish crackers and a sippy cup of water and just go for it. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by what I found when I pulled into the Dodge dealer. They had an outdoor waiting area complete with a pint sized table and chairs. Perfect. The dealer is not far from the beach and the weather was great. Dillon was able to play with the toy that he called a roller coaster and read his books. He was also able to run around. I was so thankful - I had no idea how I was going to contain this great force of energy know as Dillon in a stroller for an hour. He did great and had fun. And I didn't hate sitting at the dealer waiting for my car.

I would also like to introduce my new car. I guess that I should really call it newish because it already has almost four-thousand miles on it. Back in June, Jason and I did a car switch-a-roo. He drives so much everyday and gas was costing us a fortune in his V-8 Ford F-150. I don't drive nearly as much and we have been wanting something bigger than my Toyota Corolla for our family car. So, we sold the truck, painted the dark blue Corolla white and bought ourselves a 2009 Dodge Journey. I absolutely love it! It's not too big, but it can seat seven. It has an abundance of storage and is super comfortable. And it came loaded with Sirius satellite radio, a navigation system, hands free Bluetooth calling and a DVD player. The DVD player wasn't an option that we were looking for, but it has been a lifesaver on the trips we have taken to my mom's (and that's the only time we let Dillon use it - on long trips). The gas mileage isn't super but it's better than the truck got and Jason loves driving the Corolla and getting almost forty miles per gallon.
my version of off-roading (haha)

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I love it! I really am drawn to the cars in between a car and an SUV.
I can see why you love it so much!

Kristen said...

i haven't seen the journey - i like it. glad you are enjoying it. our new to use vehicle had a built in DVD but we only use it on long trips as well - sometimes we forget we even have it!

i love the pictures of dillion on top of your post :o)