3.11.2007

Cheap Diapers

It's 3:34 AM. I am wide awake. Why, you ask? Because I was stupid and bought stupid cheap diapers. I normally buy Huggies. Actually, I always buy Huggies. (well, when he was a newborn, I bought Pampers Swaddlers - I really liked those - but now I like Huggies.) But a few weeks ago we were out with my sister-in-law & brother-in-law and I was stupid and ran out of diapers. But, in my defense of not being totally stupid, we stayed much longer than was planned. So, anyway, I ran to Target and not wanting to spend a bunch of money on diapers since I had just stocked up, I bought the stupid cheap diapers. In retrospect, I should have just coughed up the money for the Huggies - after all, it's not like they wouldn't have gotten used. But, I decided I would just keep the "cheapies" in the car for emergencies. Well, last night I had one of those emergencies. Dillon needed a diaper change and the diaper bag was fresh out of Huggies - so we used a cheapie. He was sound asleep when we got home last night and I didn't have the heart to wake him up for a change. So off to bed he went with the stupid cheap diaper. Big Mistake!
About a half an hour ago, he woke up screaming. He was hungry. And soaking wet. Everything was wet. His clothes (yes, the mean mommy that I am, I put him to bed in his clothes). His sheet. His blanket. His... well, you get the picture. Everything was wet. It was so bad that I actually woke up the reinforcements - and I never wake Jason up in the middle of the night for help. But to have to feed him and change him and change his bedding would have taken me forever. So as a team we cleaned up the problems. And now, both Dillon and Jason are off in Dreamland. And I'm wide awake. It's so NOT fair! Stupid Cheap Diapers!!

No comments: