9.25.2007

I'm In Love...



...with a salad. We have no food and I couldn't decide where I wanted to go for lunch. I had narrowed it down to KFC or McDonalds (I know, so healthy) and Jason suggested that I go to Panera Bread. I love their food, but it's kind of far and they don't have a drive thru, so it always escapes my mind. At his suggestion, my mind was made up - Panera it is. I always get the Turkey Artichoke Panini which is so yummy. So I walked in with Dillon in tow and fully intended to order my normal sandwich, that is until I saw the sign promoting their new Orchard Harvest Salad. It sounded so good and looked even better: field greens, romaine lettuce, fresh pears, dried cherries, toasted pecans and Gorgonzola cheese with a cherry balsamic vinaigrette. There wasn't one thing in the salad that I didn't love! So I veered from the normal "safe choice" and ordered a combo with half my sandwich (just in case) and the tempting salad. Boy am I glad that I tried something new! I am now dieing to go back and get a full salad... maybe I'll just have to go again tomorrow.

No comments: