4.24.2009

Favorite Food Friday: Asian Dressing

I love salad! I can eat it as a side or as my meal or as a snack or as... well, you get the point. One of my favorites is salad with Asian style dressing.
The problem for me is I can never find one that I like in a bottle. And every time that I have attempted to create my own it hasn't turned out right - until now. I finely found a blend that I love - not too sweet or salty or orangey - just perfect for my tastes.




what you put in it:
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
1 teaspoon sugar
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 cup olive oil

how you make it:
Combine all ingredients, except for the oil, in a mixing bowl. Slowly add in oil while stirring with a whisk. Serve on a bed of lettuce mixed with mandarin oranges, almonds and crunchy chow mein noodles (also good are water chestnuts and bamboo shoots). Enjoy!



(To play along with Favorite Food Friday click here!)

No comments: