4.14.2007

Dillon Update

Yesterday, Dillon had his one year check-up. Everything checked out great. He now weighs 23 lbs. 10 oz. and is 30 1/2" long. He is in the 75% for both height and weight - what a lunker!!

He had to have three shots. This did not make for a happy man. Although, he stopped crying as soon as I picked him up. But, we left the doctors office without putting his pants back on. Luckily, it was still 80 degrees out. It's so hard seeing your baby get shots, but it is getting easier as he is getting older and I am getting more used to seeing it happen.


He has now been given the green light to eat any and all kinds of foods. His pediatrician even said we could give him some spicy food and see if he likes it. This might seem a little weird, but I told her that Jason & I eat a lot of spicy things and feed Dillon something else from what we are eating. The nurse gave me a pamphlet on toddler nutrition entitled - "Why is my toddler such a picky eater??". I had to laugh because this so does not describe Dillon. He really likes all types of foods - we haven't found anything yet that he doesn't like. The other day, he kept grabbing for a lemon wedge, so we let him have it. He really is his mommy's little boy - He liked it!! Didn't even make a face.

I mentioned to his doctor how headstrong he has become and she said that even though he just turned one, he is in the "terrible twos" since this is actually his second year of life. Just great! She said that one year olds can be really stubborn, but I need to be more stubborn. She also said that this can be very hard. Yeah, I'm experiencing that already - oh boy! Lucky me!!


He still isn't walking but is getting closer. On Wednesday, he forgot the fact that he doesn't know how to walk: Jason walked in the front door and Dillon was standing holding onto my fingers. As soon as he saw Jason, he let go! and then he fell flat on his face. Poor little man. He now pulls himself up everywhere. Yesterday, he was standing holding onto the baby gate. Such a little monkey.

Well, that's all I have to update on...

1 comment:

Marcia Fiedorowicz said...

I really like the last picture! I can't believe how big he is! Well, technically, I can believe it because I held him, but at the same time, I can't because he's so tiny compared to my ox of a son.

By the way, I have the 7th year countdown, too... I am rereading the series for the 2nd time and am on HBP :)

My new myspace background is a picture I found that someone drew of Hogwarts