12.08.2007

Day Eight – Liberty

Our day began at six o’clock this morning – way too early! We had reservations to go to the Statue of Liberty at nine forty-five and they said that you had to be there two hours before. Our train this morning went through Courtland Street which is where the subway collapsed on Nine-Eleven. It was eerie to see it still all torn up.

We got off the subway in Battery Park and that was cool to see because I’ve seen it so many times watching Law and Order. There were statues all over the place. We were so cold on the ferry ride there and we were sitting inside – I can’t even imagine how cold it would have been sitting outside.

I didn’t really think I would be “all into” the Statue, but it was really cool. It looked so small from the Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center – but in actuality, it’s huge. There was a museum inside that showed the history of it and I learned a whole lot. The views of the Manhattan skyline from the observation deck were incredible.

After our visit to Lady Liberty, we hopped on the train to Brooklyn and went to get some pizza. It was the best pizza I have ever had – and I really don’t love pizza all that much. They put fresh basil and sliced mozzarella on the pizza and oh my gosh it was yummy. After pizza we went for ice cream and it was so good. The only downside was that I had to use the bathroom while we were there and I got locked in – I could not get the lock to turn! Thankfully it didn’t take too long to get out.

I am so wiped out – it’s only a little after eight and I’m ready to go to bed. We were gone for over twelve hours today.









No comments: