12.05.2007

Day Five - Go, Go, Go

Today was another busy, full day. The first place we went was Top of the Rock. It's basically like the Empire State building observation deck, but it's at Rockefeller Center. It was so clear out, it seemed like you could see forever. We were able to see the Statue of Liberty - even though it looked like it was the size off an ant.

After Top of the Rock, we went to the M.O.M.A. (Museum of Modern Art). While I enjoyed it better than the Guggenheim, there were still plenty of things that left us wondering how it could really be considered "art." My favorite thing was a picture of a castle that was cut out of the funny pages. It was so intricately done - it was really cool! One of the things that really has us laughing was a pile of light bulbs hung in a corner and then piled on the floor. There was also a video of a guy posing and saying over and over and over: I'm making art, I'm making art, I'm making art... Strange stuff!

After the M.O.M.A., we headed back to our hotel to get ready to go out to see our second Broadway musical - The Little Mermaid. I was so excited to see it because I love Disney stuff, The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Disney movies, and to be able to say that I say an original Broadway cast production is so neat. The show was absoutley fabulous! It was so well staged and the music was great - it had a bunch of new songs. I loved Sherie Rene Scott as Ursula - Wonderful!

For dinner we headed to Ruby Tuesday's. I always see the commercials for them, but there are none near me - infact, the closest one is in San Fransisco! The food was good and it didn't cost a fortune. I hope they open one closer to home.

No comments: