8.30.2007

I Miss My Old Kitchen

Yes, you read that right - I miss my old kitchen! But I guess it would be more accurate to say that I miss having a kitchen. It has been slightly over a week of having no kitchen and it stinks. We set up a make shift kitchen in the garage with our refrigerator, microwave, toaster and Jason's coffee maker. And while that's nice, it's a pain in the butt having to do dishes in the bathroom sink. And having to go out to the garage every time I want to throw anything in the trash really sucks.
On the upside, the plumbing is almost finished and the electrical should be started any day. On the down side, there is still so much to do and I'm not expecting everything to be completed much before mid-October (yes, almost two whole months from now!). I ordered the kitchen sink and faucet and the sink won't be in until October 5th. How stinky! Oh well... I guess it will all be worth it in the end and that patience really is a virtue.

No comments: