8.10.2007

Working Nine To Five

This week I went back to work. Luckily, it was only for the week. The nutritionist that I worked for before I had Dillon needed some help in the office, so I gladly filled in. I worked 9:00 – 3:30 every day except for Tuesday, which I worked until 1:00. It was so hard being a working mom. I felt so sad leaving my baby – even though I knew he was in good hands. My dad so nicely took three vacation days and watched him Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Susan and Ryan came and watched him the other two days. On the days that I had to take Dillon to my dad’s, I had to leave an hour before I had to be to work. I had to drive almost ten miles the opposite way and then back past my house to the job that is like five minutes from home. Midweek poor little Dillon started having some “stomach issues” and then I really felt sad to leave him – I just wanted to stay home and cuddle with him. By Friday, he had caught on to the fact that he was going to be left and didn’t want me to pass him off to my dad. We had to distract him with breakfast so that I could slip out the door. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to earn some extra money, but am even more thankful that I am able to be home with Dillon

No comments: