8.22.2007

Race For The Cure

Cancer has touched my life many times. When I was younger, my step mom had breast cancer. My sister-in-law and best friend, Susan, is currently fighting colon cancer. I was very surprised to learn that one in seven women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. I knew that the rate was high, but I didn't realize that it was this high.

On Sunday, September 23rd, I will be participating in the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure. I will be walking on a team with Susan, Tiffany and several other ladies from the company where Susan worked. While this is specifically targeted to raise money for breast cancer research and awareness, it is my opinion that cancer is cancer and if they can find a cure for breast cancer, they will be able to cure all types of cancer.

I am asking for help meeting my fundraising goal of $500.00. If you can help me out, please visit my website, to make a donation. Whatever you can give will make a difference in the lives of many. I truly appreciate your generosity and will keep you posted on my progress. Thank you so much for your support in the fight against breast cancer. I hope and pray that one day in the not so distant future, we will able to put an end to all types of cancer once and for all.



http://ocraceforthecure.kintera.org/rachelslagle

No comments: