2.19.2007

Bad Night

My poor little man is sick. He has been coughing and sneezing and has had a fever off and on since Friday. Plus, to top it off, I'm pretty sure that he is teething again - he is drooling so much - it's like somebody turned on a faucet. Last night was the worst. He woke up every 2 hours from the time I put him to bed. 10:30, 12:30, 2:30, 4:30 and then he got up at 7:30. When he woke up at 2:30, it was 4:00 before I even got to bed. I don't think I really slept much. I feel so sad for him. It seems like there is so little that you can do for them when they are sick, except for hold them and love them.

I took him to see his pediatrician this morning and it turns out that the poor little guy has double ear infections. She put him on an antibiotic for 10 days. Is it any wonder that he didn't sleep? Throughout it all, he has been in a really great mood. He's the complete opposite of his mommy - when I'm sick - look out world here comes a big grouch. Hopefully, now that he has some of his antibiotic, he will sleep better tonight.

No comments: