2.15.2007

Valentine's Day

Well, yesterday was Valentine's Day. I hope yours was good...

I had a really nice one. Jason and I decided that we didn't want to go out due to the amount of people that eat out on Valentine's Day. (Are you shocked? See I told you we don't always eat out!) If we went somewhere and had a long wait, then had to wait longer to get our food, and then for us to eat, I don't think Dillon would be too happy. He does really well when we go out to eat, but we have yet to go somewhere and spend several hours there with him. So, anyway, I cooked us a nice dinner. It took me forever to decide what I was going to make, but we were both happy with my choices... Jason & I dined on Onion Soup and we did Fondue (Dillon had carrots and cereal - and some of our chiabatta bread). I will admit, I went a little crazy with the fondue: I made 5 sauces (Curry sauce, Mustard sauce, Onion-Horseradish sauce, Benihana Cream sauce and a Ginger sauce) and 3 meat choices (Shrimp, Sirloin and Beef marinated in a Horseradish marinade). I will be the first to admit that I went a little overboard and made way too much. I made so much in fact, that guess what we are having for dinner tonight - that's right - FONDUE! It's a good thing that we liked it!

For dessert we had my "Famous" (and now award winning) Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Brownies. Jason had asked me to make them for a Valentine's Day Bake-Off at one of his clients' offices. Turns out that they are really good - They won 2nd place! I was happy especially since I didn't even know that there would be a contest.

I was so tired after all my cooking that I didn't do the dishes yet, so there is a sink full of dishes calling my name... Oh yea.

No comments: